Instructions for participating in the HortIMTM project, uploading your instructional materials and paying the submission fee.
Step 1 - Create Your Account
- Before you can Contribute to HortIMTM, you must create an account. Go to hortim.ashsmedia.org and click the Register (upper right corner) button.
- Fill in the form with a Username, Display Name, your email address and a password. Click the Register button.
- You will receive an email from the system. However, if you don't receive a message within a few minutes, check your junk mail folder. It may have been mistakenly classified as junk. Open the message and click on the link to confirm you request to join HortIM.
- You can now log in to HortIM and make contributions.
Step 2 - Contribute an Item
- Click the Contribute an Item tab.
- Use the dropdown menu to select the type of item you’d like to contribute.
- For ALL items, the following infomation is required:
- Learning goals
- Appropriate audience
- A list of key references (cited or suggested)
- A list of credits (if appropriate)
- Keywords (separate keywords or phrases with a comma)
- Source URL (if item is stored online) OR
- PDF file for upload
- For Case Study, Lab Exercise, Instructional Video and Teaching Module, also include:
- Supporting presentation materials*
- A basic set of questions or an assignment.**
- Submission Fee - $100 per submission, $50 for a resubmision. Make payment at ASHS store
*Supporting presentation materials include: PowerPoint, YouTube video or other presentation item(s) that supplement the case study.
**A Basic Set of Questions or an Assignment designed to demonstrate student mastery of the stated learning outcomes.
These two items can be submitted via the appropriate text box on the submission form. For file uploads, arrangements can be made to submit these materials by contacting Dr. Tim Rhodus (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include: HortIM supporting materials in the subject line.
Step 3 - In order to contribute, you must read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.