The process of conducting a test under controlled conditions that is made to demonstrate a known truth, examine the validity of a hypothesis, or determine the efficacy of something previously untried. It is used in a course to provide students with a hands-on learning experience that allows them to discover content relevant to the course. It contains a listing of materials required to complete the exercise.
Each Submission Must include:
- Learning goals for the item
- Appropriate audience
- A list of key references (cited or suggested)
- A list of credits (if appropriate)
- Keywords (separate keywords or phrases with a comma)
- Source URL (if item is stored online) OR
- PDF file for upload
- Supporting presentational materials.*
- A basic set of questions or an assignment.**
- The material presented is accurate, scientifically correct.
- Stated learning goals are appropriately addressed.
- The material is appropriate for the target audience.
- Material can be easily incorporated by others.
- Appropriate references are cited.
- The format is appropriate for a presentation of the subject matter.
- The text is clearly written and easily understood.
- Graphics/multimedia elements are appropriate and enhance learning of the subject matter.
- Length is appropriate for the subject matter covered.
- There is an element of creativity and/or originality.
*Supporting presentation materials include: PowerPoint, YouTube video or other presentation item(s) that supplement the lab exercise.
**A Basic Set of Questions or an Assignment designed to demonstrate student mastery of the stated learning outcomes.