An article is a written composition in prose, usually nonfiction, on a specific topic, forming an independent part of a book or other publication, as a newspaper or magazine. For submission to HortIMTM, an article can be written for the popular press or a trade journal but should not include methodology or similar papers which would be appropriate for a scientific journal. Examples of articles include “Using lighting in residential landscapes”, “How to grow vegetables organically” or “Preserving cut flowers in the retail environment” and any other topic that is useful to horticultural professionals.
Each Submission Must include:
- Learning goals for the item
- Appropriate audience
- A list of key references (cited or suggested)
- A list of credits (if appropriate)
- Keywords (separate keywords or phrases with a comma)
- Source URL (if item is stored online)
- PDF file for upload
- The material presented is accurate, scientifically correct.
- Stated learning goals are appropriately addressed.
- The material is appropriate for the target audience.
- Material can be easily incorporated by others.
- Appropriate references are cited.
- The format is appropriate for a presentation of the subject matter.
- The text is clearly written and easily understood.
- Graphics/multimedia elements are appropriate and enhance learning of the subject matter.
- Length is appropriate for the subject matter covered.
- There is an element of creativity and/or originality.